Thursday, March 4, 2010
Old Folks Friday Funny
Image Source: http://www.psychologytoday.com
Hmm... those two certainly look like they need a laugh.
Let's face it, we're all getting a bit older each day. Some of us are doing it faster than others, it all depends on your attitude I guess.
Some people get a bit too stressed about this whole getting old thing. Let's face it there is a multibillion dollar cosmetics industry devoted to trying to stay young. Then of course there is always the Plastic Surgery, stem cells, and colagen injections.
So this post is all about seeing how much fun life can be as an old person, because we're all going to be there one day.
Here is a video of some typical old people going about their daily business:
And for some old people, their driving certainly won't be improving with age either:
Signs You're Getting Older
1. Everything hurts and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.
2. You feel like the morning after and you haven't been anywhere yet.
3. Your little black book contains only names that end in M.D.
4. You look forward to a dull evening.
5. Your favorite part of the newspaper is "20 Years Ago Today."
6. You turn out the lights for economic rather than romantic reasons.
7. You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.
8. Your Pacemaker makes the garage door go up when you see a pretty girl.
9. You know all the answers, but nobody asks you the questions.
10. You buy a compass for the dash of your car.
11. You would rather go to work than stay home sick.
12. You take a metal detector to the beach.
13. You wear socks with sandals.
14. Your ears are hairier than your head.
15. You got cable for the weather channel (referred to as "Old Folks MTV").
16. You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
Old people certainly know how to have fun with Photoshop, as demonstrated in this video slideshow:
Top Old Folks' Party Games
1. Sag - You're It!
2. Pin the Toupee on the Bald Guy
3. 20 Questions Shouted into your Good Ear
4. Kick the Bucket
5. Doc, Doc, Goose
6. Simon Says Something Incoherent
7. Hide and Go Sleep
8. Spin the Bottle of Mylanta
9. Musical Recliners
And here is a rather long video about all the sorts of problems that old folks have with computers, cellphones, and telemarketers.
Carl Hurley has some great stuff on You Tube, check it out some time.
Finally, just remember that there are three signs of old age. The first one is loss of memory. The other two I seem to have forgotten!
(Golly Gosh it's hard to be funny when you can't remember anything!)
Big Passy Wasabi